Sunday, 15 March 2009

Is there is or is there aint a God?

If you've been paying attention, and frankly I don't blame you if you haven't, you may remember I discussed the humanist bus-ad campaign (as shown in the picture).

The humanist bus slogans said things like:
"There's probably no god. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life."



The campaign spread all over europe at least (not sure if it got further - maybe someone would like to comment) ... raising the hackles of the catholic Italy and so on. Protests I think I remember.

ANYWAY...

Yes, so anyway in the February the Christians started fighting back (and like all religious people they love a good fight - just kidding, a joke ok, just a joke!) .

The christian slogans say:
"There definitely is a God; so join the Christian Party and enjoy your life."

Frankly I do think it is admirable that the Christians know how to spell "definitely"... I have always had a problem with that one. Easy to make a mistake and write definately... so well done to them on that.

David Larlham, one of the campaign leaders behind the new ads says:
"While there is an element of being spurred on, this is not to be seen only as a response to the atheists."

For some reason I can't quite put my finger on, I am finding a chuckle is lurking somewhere in the back of my throat and threatening to break into a laugh out loud.

C'mon guys, lets be friends, eh?

For the BBC news item, click here - Christian fightback against the humanist bus ad campaign

No comments: